Portage County Vital Records

Search Portage County WI vital records such as births, death, marriages, and divorces.

Portage County Clerk Office

Clerks file important documents and preserve vital records for their municipality. The Clerk’s office is a valuable source for vital records, which are available to the public. The office maintains certificates, death certificate, and marriage records, in addition to divorce decrees. Many Clerk’s Offices have vital records dating back to the 1800s, making them an excellent source for genealogical research. Most Clerk’s Offices provide online ordering forms to request vital records.

Almond Village Clerk Almond WI 122 Main Street 54909 715-366-8171

New Hope Town Clerk Amherst Junction WI 554 County Road A 54407 715-824-7145

Plover Clerk Plover WI 2400 Post Road 54467 715-345-5250

Portage County Clerk Stevens Point WI 1516 Church Street 54481 715-346-1351

Portage County Marriage License Office

Marriage License Offices provide marriage licenses to couples who plan to marry in the office’s jurisdiction. They are typically a division of the local county clerk or the health department. Marriage License Offices also maintain copies of marriage licenses they have issued, which are available to the public. In many locations, Marriage License Offices provide online search tools to locate marriage licenses. To access older marriage licenses, you may need to apply in person or by mail.

Portage County Marriage License Stevens Point WI 1516 Church Street 54481 715-346-1351

Portage County Coroner & Medical Examiner

Coroners and Medical Examiners investigate deaths within their jurisdiction and perform autopsies and other postmortem examinations. Many vital records are available from a Coroner or Medical Examiner, including autopsy reports, investigator reports, toxicology reports, and in some cases, X-rays or photographs. An autopsy report will include the cause and manner of death. Many coroners and medical examiners provide online access to their reports. In other cases, you can obtain records by contacting the Coroners or Medical Examiner’s Office directly.

Portage County Medical Examiner & Coroner Stevens Point WI 1500 Strongs Avenue 54481 715-346-1400

Portage County Town & City Hall

The Town Hall or City Hall is the chief administrative office that runs the town or city. Town and City Halls often maintain records related to their municipality, including vital records. You can find birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, and divorce decrees at the Town Hall or City Hall. In some locations, these vital records are available online or by filling out an online request form.

Amherst Town Hall Amherst Junction WI 4023 COUNTY Rd 54407 715-824-3476

Hull Town Hall Stevens Point WI 4550 Wojcik Memorial Dr 54482 715-344-8280

Lanark Town Hall Amherst WI 7174 County Road A 54406 715-256-9801

Linwood Town Hall Stevens Point WI 3160 Mill Creek Drive 54481 715-341-8898

Plover Town Hall Plover WI 5081 Hoover Avenue 54467 715-344-7684

Rosholt Town Hall Rosholt WI 137 North Main Street 54473 715-677-4512

Stevens Point City Hall Stevens Point WI 1515 Strongs Avenue 54481 715-346-1556