Cottonwood County Vital Records (Minnesota)

Cottonwood County Clerks file important documents and preserve vital records in Cottonwood County, MN. The Clerk’s office is a valuable source for Cottonwood County vital records, which are available as public records. The office maintains Cottonwood County birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage records, in addition to divorce decrees. Many Clerk’s Offices have vital records dating back to the 1800s, making them an excellent source for Cottonwood County genealogical research. Most Clerk’s Offices provide online ordering forms to request vital records.

Comfrey City Clerk Comfrey MN 120 Brown St E 56019 507-877-2665

Cottonwood County Clerk Windom MN 900 3rd Avenue 56101 507-831-4551

Cottonwood County Marriage License Offices provide marriage licenses to couples who plan to marry in Cottonwood County, MN. They are typically a division of the local county clerk or the health department. Marriage License Offices also maintain copies of marriage licenses, which are public Cottonwood County vital records. Cottonwood County Marriage License Offices provide online search tools to locate marriage licenses. To access older marriage licenses, you may need to apply in person or by mail.

Cottonwood County Marriage License Windom MN Cottonwood County Recorder, 900 Third Avenue, Room 6 56101 507-831-1458

Cottonwood County Coroners and Medical Examiners investigate deaths within their jurisdiction and perform autopsies and other postmortem examinations in Cottonwood County, MN. Many vital records are available from a Coroner or Medical Examiner, including autopsy reports, investigator reports, toxicology reports, and in some cases, X-rays or photographs. An autopsy report will include the cause and manner of death. Many coroners and medical examiners provide online access to their reports. In other cases, you can obtain public records such as Cottonwood County death certifiates by contacting the Coroners or Medical Examiner’s Office directly.

Cottonwood County Medical Examiner & Coroner Windom MN PO Box 338 56101 507-831-3388

Cottonwood County Town Hall or City Halls are the chief administrative office in Cottonwood County, MN. Town and City Halls often maintain records related to their municipality, including Cottonwood County vital records. You can find Cottonwood County birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, and divorce decrees at the Town Hall or City Hall. In some locations, these vital records are available online or by filling out an online request form.

Jeffers Village City Hall Jeffers MN 106 Deaver Avenue 56145 507-628-4242

Westbrook City Hall Westbrook MN 556 1st Avenue 56183 507-274-6174