Winneshiek County Vital Records

Search Winneshiek County IA vital records such as births, death, marriages, and divorces.

Winneshiek County Clerks file important documents and preserve vital records in Winneshiek County, IA. The Clerk’s office is a valuable source for Winneshiek County vital records, which are available as public records. The office maintains Winneshiek County birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage records, in addition to divorce decrees. Many Clerk’s Offices have vital records dating back to the 1800s, making them an excellent source for Winneshiek County genealogical research. Most Clerk’s Offices provide online ordering forms to request vital records.

Calmar City Clerk Calmar IA 201 N Maryville St 52132 563-562-3154

Fort Atkinson City Clerk Fort Atkinson IA 98 Elm Street 52144 563-534-3029

Ossian City Clerk Ossian IA 123 West Main Street 52161 563-532-8939

Ridgeway City Clerk Ridgeway IA 550 County Street 52165 563-737-2223

Winneshiek County Clerk Decorah IA 201 West Main Street 52101 563-382-2469

Winneshiek County Marriage License Offices provide marriage licenses to couples who plan to marry in Winneshiek County, IA. They are typically a division of the local county clerk or the health department. Marriage License Offices also maintain copies of marriage licenses, which are public Winneshiek County vital records. Winneshiek County Marriage License Offices provide online search tools to locate marriage licenses. To access older marriage licenses, you may need to apply in person or by mail.

Winnesheik County Marriage License Decorah IA 201 West Main Street 52101 563-382-2469

Winneshiek County Coroners and Medical Examiners investigate deaths within their jurisdiction and perform autopsies and other postmortem examinations in Winneshiek County, IA. Many vital records are available from a Coroner or Medical Examiner, including autopsy reports, investigator reports, toxicology reports, and in some cases, X-rays or photographs. An autopsy report will include the cause and manner of death. Many coroners and medical examiners provide online access to their reports. In other cases, you can obtain public records such as Winneshiek County death certifiates by contacting the Coroners or Medical Examiner’s Office directly.

Winneshiek County Medical Examiner & Coroner Decorah IA 907 Montgomery Street 52101 563-382-9671

Winneshiek County Town Hall or City Halls are the chief administrative office in Winneshiek County, IA. Town and City Halls often maintain records related to their municipality, including Winneshiek County vital records. You can find Winneshiek County birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, and divorce decrees at the Town Hall or City Hall. In some locations, these vital records are available online or by filling out an online request form.

Ridgeway Town Hall Ridgeway IA 695 Railroad St 52165 563-737-2241